Built for the Building Envelope
When it comes to custom-built adhesive solutions for the building envelope, Shurtape Technologies’ Engineered Solutions Group works closely with you to create materials that contribute to energy efficiency, long-term durability and resilience in buildings. In order to meet these demands, we leverage decades of technical expertise, application knowledge and flexible process knowledge to deliver pressure-sensitive adhesive solutions that are easily integrated with other building envelope solutions.
Building Envelope Capabilities
Whether below grade, on walls or on the roof deck, we collaborate with you to create end-products that meet your building envelope needs. Utilizing our state-of-the-art physical, analytical and application testing facilities, we work to meet the evolving performance requirements of the building and construction industry, from demanding environments to code compliance and more.
Products Built to Perform
We custom engineer a solution that meets your required performance attributes.
- Wide application temperature ranges (0 F to 200 F)
- Excellent cold-temperature performance, including adhesion to exterior glass-faced gypsum, plywood and oriented strand board (OSB) at 0 F (-18 C) without primers
- Variable moisture, air and vapor permeability
- Ability to adhere to low surface energy materials and damp surfaces
- Pattern and zone coating
- Fire resistant
- Coatings up to 10 mils
Don’t see what you’re looking for? We don’t back down from a challenge and will work with you to understand your application, then customize a unique solution to meet your specific application demands.
High Performance Materials
The following high-performance materials can be tailored into a custom solution to satisfy your project requirements:
- ShurGRIP™ UV cured, solvent-free
- Custom foils, films, nonwovens and composites
- 1 to 60 mil thickness
- Lamination capabilities
- Direct and transfer coat abilities
- 36 to 70 in wide web processing
- Custom slitting capabilities
- Filmic and paper liners
- Back-slitting options
Ready to Get Started?
Our team of experts is ready to help. Contact us using the form below to learn more about our building envelope capabilities.